August 8, 2007

US Open...

So I live about 30 minutes from the greatest city in the world and one of my favorite things to do each year is attend one of the most electrifying sporting events: the US Open! Two years ago I was fortunate enough to be able to go to a couple sessions including the FINAL!! I saw Federer beat Agassi and pick up his 2nd US Open in a row. The guy is unbelievable! Here's some of the images I was able to get with my nice zoom lens! 

The day of the mens final they always have the women's champion come out and do a photo shoot for all these photographers. I found myself a nice spot and got several pictures of Kim Clijsters with her trophy, very cool! 

I was also able to get this photo of Martina Navratilova. she is crazy strong!

They also have the final of wheelchair tennis. These guys were amazing! 



Yep! this was my view of Arthur Ashe Stadium. My zoom lens is NICE! 


This was after Agassi played a marathon 5 set match against James Blake. The match went to 1:15 in the morning. It was definitely the best tennis match I had ever witnessed!


This is one of my favorite shots of Agassi. 


Got to see Venus too! She's as tough as she seems on tv!

Can anyone stop this guy from winning everything that is not on red clay!?!






3 comments:

Kiki said...

This is my favorite thing to do with you! I enjoy the day so much! you do have such an amazing eye for all kinds of photos! :)

Anonymous said...

Was that really your seat way up there!?! And you still got such good photos!?! You are amazing!!!...actually your zoom lens is amazing!!! :) Can I borrow it?

Andres said...

hey longa, yes those were actually our seats. But I did move down a bit as far as the security would let me to get some of those shots. I'll have to think about letting you borrow the lens. Let me get back to you.....next year! :)