August 9, 2008

Trip to Ecuador....

So I'm back in NY after having a life changing week back in my home country of Ecuador.  

What a beautiful country! I know I am probably very biased since I am from there but I have not lived there permanently for years and they say that absence makes the heart grow fonder and every time I go back (which is every two years) I fall in love with the place so much more!

I LOOOOOVE Ecuador!  For a third world country of a mere 14 million people this place is absolutely overflowing with life and beauty. 

And the food....oh my God the food!!!!!  Other then my family it's what I miss the most! 

The amazing thing is that in the last week I was only able to visit Quito, make a trip to Otavalo (about 2 hours outside of Quito) and see an amazing landscape from the air flying out. I didn't get to visit the beach, jungle, galapagos or many of the amazing snow capped mountains and country side that this country has. I swore on my next trip that I would make a trip to Galapagos and visit the jungle. I intend on making good on my promise. 

I have compiled several photos and slideshows of my visit here and will also post some on my Facebook. 

click on the slideshows at the bottom to see more to see more....

This is Quito and it's outskirts through my eyes.......

A minute after take off you leave Quito with this breathtaking view of the city and the mountains that embrace the city all around. I don't think I will ever forget this view!

Quito sits at the skirts of the lindo Pichincha!
Quito is a huge city and skyscrapers can be found in several parts of the city.
One of my favorite places in Quito. El Estadio Atahualpa is where Ecuador plays their world cup qualifiers. This stadium is over 45 years old and has seen Ecuador qualify to two world cups! ARRIBA ECUADOR!!!
I was so excited to see Quito now has a Mac store!! YES!!
If this is the view God has of Ecuador I want to sit next to him!
Every day life.....
This is 'Quito Viejo' (old Quito). This restaurant sits on top of one of the old houses in this part of Quito. The view is unbelievable and as you sit there you feel like the city embraces you all around. 
No that's not $14.80 a gallon. It's $1.48 a gallon...I was tempted to take a few gallons back...
Love these guys that sell DVD's and CD's on the street. I was able to get the latest Batman for $1.50! Shhh don't tell! 
This the very historic 'Calle La Ronda' a historical landmark in Old Quito. 
Love the Graffiti all over certain parts of the city. Always very patriotic.

Click Below for many more pictures of Quito.....











2 comments:

los Greenes said...

Breathtaking, once again! :) You should go back next time with Josh, JJ and I...we want to go to the jungle and galapagos, too!!!

...can't wait to see all that you brought us back! :)

kennykimdotcom said...

dude that's so awesome. man I feel the urge to travel again...