December 16, 2007

Wii Day!

So I'm a HUGE soccer fan and wanted to watch the live match between Boca and Milan this morning at 5am. Since I don't have cable I asked my friend kiki if I could watch it at the place she babysits and lives.  She said sure! So early in the am before the sun is even out and in the middle of a bad snowstorm, I trek all the way there and watch what turned out to be an awesome 4-2 Milan win (kaka is soo good!). 

The fun didn't end there, since this Wii thing came out last year it has been the hottest new thing out there so much so that you can't get it anywhere without standing in crazy lines or having some kind of inside scoop at your local walmart or target of when they'll be handing out the infamous 'number tickets'. Kiki decides she needs to stand in line this morning at 5:30am and go for one for her dad. 

SO at half time I took her and dropped her off. I said to myself if there is still some left when I get back to pick her up after the game I should pick one up (I could sell it on ebay for $500 even). I had played it once before and it looked like so much fun! 

So of course wen I get there they still had numbers (I got 57 out of 90 something). As they let everyone in the store the excitement was too much! I was actually getting a Wii that I didn't realize I needed!!! 

As we left Target there were some people at the back of the line already too late since they had no tickets left, yet they waited to see if they still got lucky. As for me and kiki we both walked away with a Wii each in hand! 

........later today I set it up at home and played the Wi Sports games it comes with as well as the Wii Play games....this thing is every bit as cool as they make it out to be! :) Come over and let's play!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! That looks like so much fun! Perfect for you to teach JJ! :) I have never played before, but always thought it looked fun and heard of people having so much fun with it...no matter your age! Is it big? You should bring it when you come, so we can all play here in Louisville!

Katie Ball said...

Bring it down to New Jersey!!! My brother has one, and Sunny is totally hooked on the bowling. Seriously, none of us can beat her. Seriously. Are you up for the challenge??

Andres said...

Yeah I'm down! We'll do it in the new year!