January 14, 2009

Students Speak...Tou Thao...


The House of Hope is a drug rehabilitation center and a non-profit organization that offers a program carefully designed in directing the change of “residents” within. It aims to give ex-addicts an inner desire and strength needed for transformation towards a new and better life. House of Hope offers their services to ex-addicts for free. The program lasts for eight months and is composed of spiritual therapy and work therapy. The spiritual therapy builds the character of the residents in areas of morality, integrity, and discipline through daily Bible study classes. Work therapy teaches the residents to make use of their time constructively by assigning them to kitchen duties or secretarial work and teaching them special skills such as book binding.

I can't stop thinking about the faces and their reaction when I walked to the front with a yo-yo. It was great! I gave a short Testimony about a part of my life and played with my yo-yo at the same time. After the service, I shook many hands of past Drug Dealers and Drug users. I really didn't get to meet any of them but, we all get a chance on Friday and were taking a tour of House of Hope. 

No comments: